Definition of low-impact in English:
1(Of exercises, typically aerobics) designed to put little harmful stress on the body.
- Walking, jogging and low-impact aerobics are good options for weight-bearing exercise.
- Not only does water aerobics provide the ultimate low-impact workout, but also offers an excellent environment to regulate body temperature and avoid overheating.
- Treadmills are still the most popular type of equipment sold, but a growing number of elliptical motion trainers are attracting exercisers seeking a low-impact workout.
2(Of an activity, industry, or product) affecting or altering the environment as little as possible: bring a portable stove for low-impact camping
More example sentences
- Essentially what the environmental groups want is increased emphasis on trail development and low-impact recreation, less on economic benefits.
- It's a low-impact project and it's coming at a time when there is a need for more power generation.
- In 1997, he came up with low-impact development technology and then used an EPA grant to convert the local model into a national one.
Definition of low-impact in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan