- Ranking low in a social or professional hierarchy: low-paid, low-status jobs low-status peasants and slavesMore example sentences
- Many parents do not want their eligible students in a program that places them in a low-status job, which they view as a stigma.
- While second-generation girls found a somewhat broader range of occupations as early as 1880, immigrant women made their contribution by toiling in low-status, arduous work.
- Very broadly speaking, in most armies the low-status pioneers, sometimes not even regarded as soldiers, did the work and the engineers got the credit.
More definitions of low-statusDefinition of low-status in:
- The US English dictionary