- The state of the tide when at its lowest level: islets visible at low tideMore example sentences
- This means a body of water with semi-diurnal tides, like the Atlantic Ocean, will have two high tides and two low tides in one day.
- As the moon orbits the spinning earth, there is a cycle of two high tides and two low tides about every 25 hours.
- We get very high tides and very low tides every month and the seasons here never get over ninety degrees.
More definitions of low tideDefinition of low tide in:
- The US English dictionary