- 1A low chest or table with drawers and short legs.More example sentences
- The purchase included a ‘New England hooked rug,’ a mirror, a picture of George Washington, and a lot of maple and walnut furniture - four beds, one highboy one lowboy and five tables.
- 2 (also lowboy trailer) A trailer with a low frame for transporting very tall or heavy loads.More example sentences
- With the slope board in the vertical position, the overall width of the dozer and attachment is less than 12 ft., eliminating the need for a pilot car when transporting the tractor on a lowboy trailer.
- The consensus seems to be: ‘Buy the lowest-running lowboy trailer you possibly can.’
- The lowboy trailer we use primarily for the things that are over 25 tons; some of our larger excavators that are overwide and overweight; for instance, a Cat EL300.
More definitions of lowboyDefinition of lowboy in:
- The US English dictionary