Definition of lowbrow in English:
Not highly intellectual or cultured: lowbrow tabloids
More example sentences
- It is also true that more people will always be attracted to the passive, easy nature of lowbrow culture than those who will take the time to decipher high culture.
- Conventional wisdom has it that kitsch - from the German language for ‘to throw together’ and implying popular or lowbrow taste - should be eschewed by the connoisseur, the lover of fine art.
- This Christmas, remind the kids just how nice animation can be, with a cartoon genuine in its sentiment, free of pop culture references and lowbrow humor.
nounBack to top
A lowbrow person.
- These long cerebral articles are not read by the lowbrows.
- I can't write in a whole lot of different styles, trying to please the highbrows one time and the lowbrows the next.
- I do not feel safe knowing that lowbrows have their fingers on nuclear bomb triggers.
Words that rhyme with lowbrowHausfrau • Jungfrau
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan