Definition of lowbrow in English:
Not highly intellectual or cultured: lowbrow tabloids
More example sentences
- It is also true that more people will always be attracted to the passive, easy nature of lowbrow culture than those who will take the time to decipher high culture.
- Conventional wisdom has it that kitsch - from the German language for ‘to throw together’ and implying popular or lowbrow taste - should be eschewed by the connoisseur, the lover of fine art.
- This Christmas, remind the kids just how nice animation can be, with a cartoon genuine in its sentiment, free of pop culture references and lowbrow humor.
nounBack to top
A lowbrow person.
- These long cerebral articles are not read by the lowbrows.
- I can't write in a whole lot of different styles, trying to please the highbrows one time and the lowbrows the next.
- I do not feel safe knowing that lowbrows have their fingers on nuclear bomb triggers.
Words that rhyme with lowbrowHausfrau • Jungfrau
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.