- another term for rhumb ( sense 1).More example sentences
- In fact, if the birds were to follow loxodromes, maintaining fixed geographic courses, the vast majority would migrate towards Greenland.
- The problem of calculating loxodromes is exactly the problem of the fundamental theorem of calculus.
- The ring of mass traces out the full path of the loxodrome from one pole to the other pole and back.
- More example sentences
- In geometry, Coxeter's loxodromic sequence of tangent circles is an infinite sequence of circles arranged such that any four consecutive circles in the sequence are pairwise mutually tangent.
- In loxodromic navigation two characteristic problems are encountered when calculating the necessary navigational parameters.
More definitions of loxodromeDefinition of loxodrome in:
- The US English dictionary