Definition of loxodrome in English:
Another term for rhumb (sense 1).
- In fact, if the birds were to follow loxodromes, maintaining fixed geographic courses, the vast majority would migrate towards Greenland.
- The problem of calculating loxodromes is exactly the problem of the fundamental theorem of calculus.
- The ring of mass traces out the full path of the loxodrome from one pole to the other pole and back.
- Example sentences
- In geometry, Coxeter's loxodromic sequence of tangent circles is an infinite sequence of circles arranged such that any four consecutive circles in the sequence are pairwise mutually tangent.
- In loxodromic navigation two characteristic problems are encountered when calculating the necessary navigational parameters.
Definition of loxodrome in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia