Glowing with or giving off light: the moon was lucent in the background
More example sentences
- One of these was such a soft lucent pinky white as to appear almost transparent.
- As a child, I would look out into the street and see other kids playing hackeysack, but I would also see the lucent outline of carriages streaming through their bodies like a breeze.
- A glistening black stuffed crow is perched on the volume's edge, its splayed wings and claws eerily delineated against the lucent white pages.
late Middle English: from Latin lucent- 'shining', from the verb lucere (see lucid).
- More example sentences
- In form, proportion and lucency, the winter garden is a really pleasing space.
Definition of lucent in:
- The US English dictionary