- Glowing with or giving off light: the moon was lucent in the backgroundMore example sentences
- One of these was such a soft lucent pinky white as to appear almost transparent.
- As a child, I would look out into the street and see other kids playing hackeysack, but I would also see the lucent outline of carriages streaming through their bodies like a breeze.
- A glistening black stuffed crow is perched on the volume's edge, its splayed wings and claws eerily delineated against the lucent white pages.
late Middle English: from Latin lucent- 'shining', from the verb lucere (see lucid).
More definitions of lucentDefinition of lucent in:
- The US English dictionary