- A bivalve mollusc which typically has a rounded white shell with radial and concentric ridges, found in tropical and temperate seas.
More example sentences
- Family Lucinidae: Lucina and other genera
- Most other West American lucines are white, so that this species and the next may be recognized by the color, which in L, lampra varies from white to yellow or coral pink.
- Water exits posteriorly in almost everything; it usually comes in posteriorly but lucines and some others are an exception.
More definitions of lucineDefinition of lucine in:
- The US English dictionary