Definition of lucky dip in English:
1A game in which small prizes are concealed in a container and chosen at random by participants.
- Early Learning Centres around the UK, including the store in the Brunel Plaza, are offering a host of activities including colouring, sports tournaments, face painting, lucky dips and games to make the fundraising effort fun.
- Santa will be there on the day with his huge sack of toys for boys and girls, who will also have plenty to occupy them with lots of games, lucky dips, etc.
- So, they will have lucky dips and grand prizes - stuff which pleases the customer and makes them spend that moolah.
1.1A process of choosing or deciding something purely at random: [as modifier]: beware of lucky-dip deals which specify only the type or rating of accommodation
More example sentences
- Until last year, everyone at York paid the same for their rooms wherever they were in a lucky-dip system.
- Because there were so many servings to prepare in a short amount of time diners received their meals in a lucky-dip fashion from the six waiting students and head waiter.
Definition of lucky dip in:
- US English dictionary