- A complete electric light unit (used especially in technical contexts): the wide spread of light reduces the number of luminaires required per installationMore example sentences
- Shielded lamps and indirect luminaires prevent the lighting installation from aggravating the problems of stress.
- Designers use myriad combinations of light sources and luminaires to achieve this uniform visual effect.
- When concealed in the ceiling, the luminaire emits light through a slot at the ceiling's edge which is directed down onto the wall by mirror.
early 20th century: from French.
More definitions of luminaireDefinition of luminaire in:
- The US English dictionary