- An eclipse in which the moon appears darkened as it passes into the earth’s shadow.More example sentences
- For those who are newer to the whole eclipse business, a lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes into the earth's shadow.
- If the Moon orbited Earth in exactly the same plane that Earth orbits the Sun, we'd get a solar eclipse every New Moon and a lunar eclipse every Full Moon.
- That is why in a total lunar eclipse the Moon appears a dark reddish-brown.
More definitions of lunar eclipseDefinition of lunar eclipse in:
- The US English dictionary