(also lunar rover)
- A vehicle designed for use by astronauts on the moon’s surface, used on the last three missions of the Apollo project. Also called moon buggy.More example sentences
- In the early sixties, von Braun envisioned a manned lunar rover to aid astronauts on future missions to the moon.
- This was also the first Apollo mission to include a lunar rover, allowing the astronauts to travel much further from the lander.
- In forty-five years of spaceflight and exploration, there have only been six rovers: three Apollo mission lunar rovers, two Russian Lunokhods, and one Sojourner rover on Mars.
More definitions of lunar roving vehicleDefinition of lunar roving vehicle in:
- The US English dictionary