- A formal lunch, or a formal word for lunch: a ladies' luncheon was taking placeMore example sentences
- So far, the grant money has been used to fund monthly luncheons and dinners for female professionals in math and computer science to share their experiences with female math and computer science students at Macalester.
- The conference registration fee is $100 per person, and includes two breakfasts, two luncheons, two evening diners, refreshment breaks and all conference materials.
- Though this may sound insignificant, table etiquette, party behaviour and dress code are no less important, for business agreements come through during dinner meetings and luncheons these days.
late 16th century (in the sense 'thick piece, hunk'): possibly an extension of obsolete lunch 'thick piece, hunk', from Spanish lonja 'slice'.
More definitions of luncheonDefinition of luncheon in:
- The US English dictionary