noun (plural lungis)
- A sarong-like garment wrapped around the waist and extending to the ankles, worn by both sexes in India and in Burma (Myanmar), where it is the national dress.More example sentences
- Muslim men tend to wear a sarong-like garment, the lungi, which is tied around the waist.
- Out of the gift box came spanking new saris, shirts, trousers, lungis and nighties and the happiness of the inmates knew no bounds.
- Asian, African and Middle Eastern attire such as the sarong, dhoti, lungi, caftan, kameez, the Chinese robe and the kimono are increasingly turning up on the catwalks of fashion capitals in the west.
More definitions of lungiDefinition of lungi in:
- The US English dictionary