noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A type of yarn or fabric which incorporates a glittering metallic thread: [as modifier]: a green lurex dressMore example sentences
- Also, introduced for the first time in the United States were dimensional cut velvet jacquards with gold lurex.
- The winning nomination, according to the team of judges was, ‘Awarded for a fur-like, silver lurex shiny fabric, with lustre and matte finish interwoven.’
- Organza makes a great splash along with tulle, lace, elegant luxury fabrics combined with glittering Chantilly, crushed velvet, jersey with lurex and iridescent cady.
1940s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of lurexDefinition of lurex in:
- The US English dictionary