Definition of lusty in English:
adjective (lustier, lustiest)
Healthy and strong; full of vigour: the other farmsteads had lusty young sons to work the land lusty singing
More example sentences
- I think the healthy, lusty movement we all had at Henry Street was because we walked every day.
- Dan will wear a Ball gown and sing a lusty version of Marilyn's ‘I Call Your Name’.
- Imagine those choruses of lusty male voices singing The Internationale on the soundtrack.
healthy, strong, fit, vigorous, robust, hale and hearty, hearty, energetic, vital, lively, bursting with good health, blooming, in good condition, in fine fettle;
rugged, sturdy, tough, stalwart, brawny, muscular, muscly, strapping, hefty, husky, burly, solidly built, well built, well made, solid, substantial, powerful;
North American informal buff
- Example sentences
- Petruchio has an admiration for Kate's lustiness.
- Their latest effort, from the 2003 vintage, underscores the status of this wine as an inspiration to drinkers for its sheer lustiness and sense of abandon.
- A certain lustiness, a certain appetite for the pleasures of life, is an attractive, human quality.