(also luteinising hormone)
noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates ovulation in females and the synthesis of androgen in males.More example sentences
- A new study measured the efficacy of estrogen, progesterone, Prolactin, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and testosterone on women with the disorder.
- Oral contraceptives inhibit pituitary production of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone by providing synthetic estrogen and progesterone to the user.
- Pituitary secretion of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone was inhibited at this dose.
More definitions of luteinizing hormoneDefinition of luteinizing hormone in:
- The US English dictionary