- The chemical element of atomic number 71, a rare silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. (Symbol: Lu)More example sentences
- The gadolinium and lutetium exceptions result in a marked increase in radius compared to the slight decrease in metal atom radius for the other elements.
- This finding provides support for the ongoing development of more solubilized versions of lutetium texaphyrin as photosensitizers for use in the diagnosis and PDT of cancerous disease.
- Because lutetium is so expensive (currently, about $75 a gram), it has almost no commercial use.
early 20th century: from French lutécium, from Latin Lutetia, the ancient name of Paris, the home of its discoverer.
More definitions of lutetiumDefinition of lutetium in:
- The US English dictionary