noun (plural lutinos)[often as modifier]
- A bird (especially a cage bird of the parrot family) with more yellow in the plumage than usual for the species: [as modifier]: lutino cockatielMore example sentences
- I am harboring a non-native species in my apartment - a lutino cockatiel.
- Originally, parakeets were only available in shades of yellow and green; the albino lutino, a yellow bird with pink eyes and white cheeks, appeared only as a mutation.
- Some of the other birds you get to see here are the African parrot, guineafowl, diamond dove, lutinos, cockatiel and ducks.
early 20th century: from Latin luteus 'yellow' + -ino, on the pattern of albino.
More definitions of lutinoDefinition of lutino in:
- The US English dictionary