- 1A plant of a genus that includes the common clubmosses.
More example sentences
- Genus Lycopodium, family Lycopodiaceae
- Insert sections of lycopodium all around the bottle brush to create a realistic miniature Christmas tree.
- Dried lycopodium is used for making herbal tea, which is good for diarrhea, urinary complains, and inflammations.
- For all Lycopodium species, the aerial stems have two primary functions.
- 1.1 (usually lycopodium powder or lycopodium seed) [mass noun] A fine flammable powder consisting of clubmoss spores, formerly used as an absorbent in surgery, in experiments in the physical sciences, and in making fireworks.More example sentences
- The fine plastic yellow mud will put lycopodium powder to shame, as it were.
- After users discovered that talcum powder caused patient complications similar to those caused by lycopodium powder, they began to transition to the use of cornstarch in 1947.
- The FDA further recommended that the use of talc or lycopodium be banned, despite the fact that these substances already have been out of favor for several decades.
modern Latin, from Greek lukos 'wolf' + pous, pod- 'foot' (because of the claw-like shape of the root).
More definitions of lycopodiumDefinition of lycopodium in:
- The US English dictionary