1 Physiology Relating to lymph or its secretion: lymphatic vessels lymphatic drainage
More example sentences
- These therapies involve turning patients at various angles to improve gas exchange, mobilization of secretions, and lymphatic drainage.
- Lymph nodes also contain efferent lymphatic vessels, which lack Factor VIII staining.
- Manual drainage opens nonfunctioning lymphatic and venous connections and directs lymph through collateral vessels to adjacent normal lymphatics.
2 archaic (Of a person) pale, flabby, or sluggish.
- He was a lymphatic, half-witted Hindu youth, who lived his life in almost complete silence, because he spoke some Manipur dialect which nobody else understood, not even his Zerbadi wife.
- He was of that soft, lymphatic temperament which it is almost impossible to keep within a moderate compass, particularly as in his case his lameness prevented his taking exercise.
A vein-like vessel conveying lymph in the body: the fluid is drained by the lymphatics and returned to the circulation
More example sentences
- In addition, cancers can metastasize by penetrating into blood vessels, lymphatics, and body cavities.
- The lymphatic system is a network of very fine vessels or tubes called lymphatics that drain lymph from all over the body.
- All resection margins, blood vessels, lymphatics, and regional lymph nodes were free of tumor.
Words that rhyme with lymphaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: lymph|at¦ic
Definition of lymphatic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.