Definition of lymphoblast in English:
An abnormal cell resembling a large lymphocyte, produced in large numbers in a form of leukaemia.
- Large numbers of immature, abnormal lymphocytes called lymphoblasts are produced and released into the bloodstream.
- Four of these 7 cases, which showed more than 25% lymphoblasts in the bone marrow or at least 10% lymphoblasts in the peripheral blood, were classified as leukemias.
- This is particularly true in cases of blastic myeloid sarcoma, because myeloblasts and lymphoblasts can be difficult to distinguish in routinely stained histologic sections.
- Example sentences
- It was also determined that lymphoblastic lymphoma and lymphoblastic leukemia are the same disease with different clinical presentations.
- Relapse-related mortality was increased among patients with Hodgkin's disease, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Our study demonstrated that CD10 is frequently expressed in precursor T lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia.
Definition of lymphoblast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan