Definition of lymphoblast in English:
An abnormal cell resembling a large lymphocyte, produced in large numbers in a form of leukaemia.
- Large numbers of immature, abnormal lymphocytes called lymphoblasts are produced and released into the bloodstream.
- Four of these 7 cases, which showed more than 25% lymphoblasts in the bone marrow or at least 10% lymphoblasts in the peripheral blood, were classified as leukemias.
- This is particularly true in cases of blastic myeloid sarcoma, because myeloblasts and lymphoblasts can be difficult to distinguish in routinely stained histologic sections.
- lymphoblastic adjective
- Example sentences
- It was also determined that lymphoblastic lymphoma and lymphoblastic leukemia are the same disease with different clinical presentations.
- Relapse-related mortality was increased among patients with Hodgkin's disease, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Our study demonstrated that CD10 is frequently expressed in precursor T lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia.
Definition of lymphoblast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.