- A substance of a type produced by lymphocytes and having an effect on other cells of the immune system.More example sentences
- Conversely, asthma is characterized by the presence of numerous inflammatory mediators, including leukotrienes, prostaglandins, histamine, eosinophilic basic proteins, and lymphokines.
- Cytokines that are secreted from lymphocytes are termed lymphokines, whereas those secreted by monocytes or macrophages are termed monokines.
- After contact with an antigen, T cells secrete lymphokines - a group of proteins that do not interact with the antigens themselves, instead they stimulate the activity of other cells.
1960s: from lympho- + Greek kinein 'to move'.
More definitions of lymphokineDefinition of lymphokine in:
- The US English dictionary