noun[mass noun] ( • trademark in the US)
- A synthetic fibre and fabric made from wood pulp.More example sentences
- Crafted from a fine-gauge, jersey knit lyocell / polyester blend, it features a wide crew neckline with topstitch finishing and a straight bottom hem.
- The viscose / lyocell blend is stronger than pure viscose, machine-washable and can be face-finished, he noted.
- Tencel is the trade name for lyocell denim, which is made of wood pulp instead of cotton, making it similar to rayon.
1990s: probably from Greek luein 'loosen' + cell as in cellulose.
More definitions of lyocellDefinition of lyocell in:
- The US English dictionary