- A person who writes the words to a popular song or musical.More example sentences
- Songs from the '20s, '30s and '40s represent collaboration with lyricists Oscar Hammerstein II, Ira Gershwin and others.
- The composers and lyricists are scarcely remembered today, but the music-hall song set the wheels of Tin Pan Alley in motion, established the practice of song plugging, and founded a new industry.
- We think the lyricist was a musical comedian and the song was written about 1900, maybe slightly earlier.
More definitions of lyricistDefinition of lyricist in:
- The US English dictionary