Entry from US English dictionary
verb[no object] Music
1Write or sing lyrics.
- I think Daddy Yankee said it best when he lyricized a phrase in his hit song ‘Gasolina.’
- Please be kind to Sting and don't label him a closeted Maulvi just because he lyricized your dilemma so accurately.
1.1Write in a lyric style.
- What Césaire said to Depestre in prose he lyricized in a complementary poem entitled ‘Le verbe marronner.’
- It included allusions to our first dates in that hood and he pointed them out as he lyricized about them
1.2 [with object] Treat in a lyric style or put into lyric form.
- As in his previous film, Central Station, another road movie and a great one, Salles doesn't try to lyricize landscapes or fill them with portentous menace or serenity.
- If you're still not bored at this stage, steps three and four are ‘lyricize your inflection’ and ‘the phoneme drill’ respectively.
- While he lyricized the locale, Piano did not forego the practical aspects of architecture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.