Definition of lyrist in English:
1 /ˈlʌɪərɪst/ A person who plays the lyre.
- ‘Beyond the Sea’ began its long journey as the immensely popular French song ‘La Mer,’ written by lyrist and composer Charles Trenet.
- After dropping a few coins for the lyrist and a quick farewell to Joseph, Alexander shuffled through the door.
2 /ˈlɪrɪst/ A lyric poet.
- The ‘Pilgrim of Eternity’ is Byron and the ‘sweetest lyrist’ from wild Ierne is Thomas Moore.
- He got the song penned by the well-known Tamil cinema lyrist Vairamuthu and the anthem cassette is played on every Monday and Friday morning.
- Robert, who has been favourably known for some years as one of our rising lyrists, committed suicide at his lodgings at Solentsea on Saturday evening last by shooting himself in the right temple with a revolver.
Words that rhyme with lyristpanegyrist
Definition of lyrist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia