- An antibody or other substance able to cause lysis of cells (especially bacteria).More example sentences
- The ancestral lysin proteins may be useful for future laboratory studies.
- He and his colleagues began working with a phage that infects the anthrax bacterium almost exclusively and identified the gene encoding its lysin.
- Solubilization of the cell wall with phage lysin also yielded a large M-protein molecule.
early 20th century: from German Lysine.
More definitions of lysinDefinition of lysin in:
- The US English dictionary