Definition of lysosome in English:
An organelle in the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells containing degradative enzymes enclosed in a membrane.
- These efforts have successfully identified mitochondria, lysosomes and various cytoplasmic membranes as among the primary targets of PDT-mediated damage, depending on the particular photosensitizer.
- In all eukaryotic cells the lysosomes or vacuoles play major cellular turnover roles, including autophagy where entire organelles are delivered to them for turnover.
- For instance, within the individual cell, the subcellular sites of photo-damage may include the plasma membrane, the lysosomes and the mitochondria.
- 1lysosomal adjective
- Example sentences
- However, at closer examination the other organelles are certainly mentioned, as they are implicated in lysosomal, peroxisomal, or mitochondrial diseases.
- The extent of lysosomal lysis in the hypotonic solution, i.e. the degree of their sensitivity to the osmotic shock, can be examined by the measurement of their enzyme latency loss.
- The leukocytes eventually destroy the pathogens by phagocytosis and lysosomal fusion that expose bacteria to lytic enzymes.
Definition of lysosome in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.