noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An enzyme which catalyses the destruction of the cell walls of certain bacteria, and occurs notably in tears and egg white.More example sentences
- Intriguingly, enzymes such as lipase, lysozyme, and subtilisin retained their activities in organic solvents.
- Several detailed studies were carried out with the proteins lysozyme and ferritin.
- The results were also verified by examining the spectra of two purified proteins, albumin and lysozyme.
More definitions of lysozymeDefinition of lysozyme in:
- The US English dictionary