noun (plural ménages à trois pronunc. same)
- An arrangement in which a married couple and the lover of one of them live together.More example sentences
- The fact is, the true open relationship - with its highly progressive blend of ménage à trois and solo expeditions under strict, mutually enforced ground rules - has so many dysfunctional imitators.
- But I do think it is clear that Anna and Caren did not consummate a sexual relationship, nor did Anna, Caren, and Caren's boyfriend engage in a ménage à trois, although I haven't touched on that issue.
- Cunningham also wrote The Hours, and this is an equally complex and involving dissection of three characters unexpectedly joined together in a Jules et Jim-style ménage à trois.
French, 'household of three'.
More definitions of ménage à troisDefinition of ménage à trois in:
- The US English dictionary