noun[mass noun, often as modifier]
- 1A method of making sparkling wine by allowing the last stage of fermentation to take place in the bottle: [as modifier]: méthode champenoise winesMore example sentences
- The best news at the rock-bottom priced bubbly end is that some Spanish cava or méthode champenoise producers do treat their sparkling wine seriously.
- I have had a soft spot for the fruity, méthode champenoise sparklers from Moët et Chandon's Argentine outpost, Cepas de Mendoza, ever since I fell for ba Brut last summer.
- It may not seem the right moment to be reaching for the fizz, but for most couples tying the knot without champagne, or at very least a good méthode champenoise sparkler, does not seem quite right.
- 1.1Sparkling wine made by the méthode champenoise, especially a kind not made in the Champagne region of France: they all produce méthode champenoise in California [count noun]: he experimented with a méthode champenoiseMore example sentences
- Furthermore Chardonnay, along with Pinot Nior and Pinot Meunier is a grape from which Champagne and méthode champenoise (wine made in the Champagne style but with grapes from a region other than Champagne) can be made.
French, literally 'champagne method'.
More definitions of méthode champenoiseDefinition of méthode champenoise in:
- The US English dictionary