Definition of macadamia in English:
1An Australian rainforest tree with slender, glossy evergreen leaves and globular edible nuts.
- Genus Macadamia, family Proteaceae: several species, especially M. integrifolia and M. tetraphylla
- Saxby Bridge has enthusiastically marketed all sorts of tax effective schemes involving things like tea trees, macadamias, wine and even online lingerie.
- Around 1882 the macadamia was introduced to Hawaii, and flourished.
- More than 50,000 Mum and Dad investors claimed billions in tax deductions through the '90s for investing in things like macadamias, tea-trees and wine.
1.1 (also macadamia nut) The edible nut of the macadamia tree.
- Its flavour has been likened to a cross between a Brazil nut and a macadamia nut.
- Although a macadamia nut is 75% fat, most of the fat is monounsaturated.
- Like two other symbols of Hawaii, the pineapple and the macadamia nut, the ukulele is in fact an immigrant.
modern Latin, named after John Macadam (1827–65), Australian chemist.
Words that rhyme with macadamiaMesopotamia
Definition of macadamia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia