- A light biscuit made with egg white, sugar, and ground almonds or coconut.More example sentences
- I baked my first batch of Christmas cookies today - almond macaroons.
- My whole childhood I thought of a macaroon as a coconut cookie: who knew they could be so much more?
- Wrinkly tights, coconut macaroons, eye shadow and Mrs Overall's home-made sherry were all visibly waiting in the wings.
late 16th century: from French macaron, from Italian maccarone (see macaroni).
More definitions of macaroonDefinition of macaroon in:
- The US English dictionary