Definition of macher in English:
1A person who gets things done.
- Now, all sorts of entities and non-entities can reveal to mass audiences the agendas of these media machers.
- But media machers would have a far stronger case for complaint about the role Hollywood plays in our politics if the very same media outlets weren't begging for each star's latest pronouncement.
- The real macher in the conflagration over forest fires is Mark Rey, the Agriculture Department undersecretary.
1.1 derogatory An overbearing person.
- Nothing, it seems, can stop a striving little macher like Ratner from running.
- After Star Wars, Hollywood's machers more or less cut off the capital spigot to truly visionary filmmakers, opting instead to turn out schlockbuster after schlockbuster.
Definition of macher in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan