1A person who gets things done.
- Now, all sorts of entities and non-entities can reveal to mass audiences the agendas of these media machers.
- But media machers would have a far stronger case for complaint about the role Hollywood plays in our politics if the very same media outlets weren't begging for each star's latest pronouncement.
- The real macher in the conflagration over forest fires is Mark Rey, the Agriculture Department undersecretary.
1.1 derogatory An overbearing person.
- Nothing, it seems, can stop a striving little macher like Ratner from running.
- After Star Wars, Hollywood's machers more or less cut off the capital spigot to truly visionary filmmakers, opting instead to turn out schlockbuster after schlockbuster.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: macher
Definition of macher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.