1A person who gets things done.
- Now, all sorts of entities and non-entities can reveal to mass audiences the agendas of these media machers.
- But media machers would have a far stronger case for complaint about the role Hollywood plays in our politics if the very same media outlets weren't begging for each star's latest pronouncement.
- The real macher in the conflagration over forest fires is Mark Rey, the Agriculture Department undersecretary.
1.1 derogatory An overbearing person.
- Nothing, it seems, can stop a striving little macher like Ratner from running.
- After Star Wars, Hollywood's machers more or less cut off the capital spigot to truly visionary filmmakers, opting instead to turn out schlockbuster after schlockbuster.
Definition of macher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.