nounUS • informal
- 1A person who gets things done.More example sentences
- Now, all sorts of entities and non-entities can reveal to mass audiences the agendas of these media machers.
- But media machers would have a far stronger case for complaint about the role Hollywood plays in our politics if the very same media outlets weren't begging for each star's latest pronouncement.
- The real macher in the conflagration over forest fires is Mark Rey, the Agriculture Department undersecretary.
- 1.1 • derogatory An overbearing person.More example sentences
- Nothing, it seems, can stop a striving little macher like Ratner from running.
- After Star Wars, Hollywood's machers more or less cut off the capital spigot to truly visionary filmmakers, opting instead to turn out schlockbuster after schlockbuster.
1930s: from Yiddish makher, from Middle High German Macher 'doer, active person'.
More definitions of macherDefinition of macher in:
- The US English dictionary