- A plot or scheme.More example sentences
- But Hollinghurst doesn't rely on tabloid-inspired plot machinations to keep the book's engine ticking.
- The long preview I saw had Fenn in an Arkham basement plotting evil machinations, or something.
- Both reader and character are united in unease at Kindersley's plot machinations.
late Middle English: from Old French, or Latin machinatio-, from machinat- 'contrived' (see machinate).
More definitions of machinationDefinition of machination in:
- The US English dictionary