(also machine language)
- A computer programming language consisting of binary or hexadecimal instructions which a computer can respond to directly.More example sentences
- Software developers, including such operating system vendors as Red Flag, use compilers to translate a programming language into the machine language understood by the processor.
- In Linux, the system information is written in C, a high-level programming language that is translated by the machine into a machine language consisting of 0s and 1s.
- Dozens, maybe hundreds of programmers write the source code and then compile the code into a faster machine language or binary version.
More definitions of machine codeDefinition of machine code in:
- The US English dictionary