Definition of machine tool in English:
A fixed powered tool such as a lathe, for cutting or shaping metal, wood, or other material.
- They might even be able to watch their Xootr take shape in a machine tool at the New Hampshire factory.
- The EEF's figures lump in all forms of machine tool - lathes as well as the kind of pick-and-place machinery needed for electronics manufacture.
- It's the mental equivalent of a machine tool - a tool that's used to build tools.
- Example sentences
- Hitting a dimpled ball with a machine-tooled wedge 100 yards to within 10 feet of a hole in a pedicured green from a perfect lie on a fairway mowed to precisely 1.6 inches is one kind of accomplishment.
- While the war was affected by industrialization - accuracy of machine-tooled rifles increased casualties and altered military strategies - it did not modify the established path of economic growth.
- D' Arcy stood up, running the tips of his fingers along the machine-tooled creases of his trousers.
Definition of machine tool in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan