Definition of machinist in English:
1A person who operates a machine, especially a machine tool or a sewing machine.
- Big or small, companies employed mainly skilled machinists, machine operators, and precision assemblers.
- They operate a machinists ' training program that funnels people into the employment pipeline at local automotive companies.
- At the south end of the huge building Kelly entered a room with a long glove box system and white-suited machinists and chemical operators.
1.1A person who makes machinery.
- Now, I'm looking around and I see skilled trades people pulling down serious money - deep into six figures - cabinet makers, machinists, carpenters, mechanics.
- There was slave labor available, but shipwrights, machinists, sailmakers, and all the skilled trades required in shipbuilding were in critically short supply.
- Mostly, they are skilled workers, such as carpenters, machinists, painters, wood finishers, tool makers, railroad workers, garage mechanics.
Words that rhyme with machinisttambourinist
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.