- 1A person who operates a machine, especially a machine tool or a sewing machine.More example sentences
- Big or small, companies employed mainly skilled machinists, machine operators, and precision assemblers.
- They operate a machinists ' training program that funnels people into the employment pipeline at local automotive companies.
- At the south end of the huge building Kelly entered a room with a long glove box system and white-suited machinists and chemical operators.
- 1.1A person who makes machinery.More example sentences
- Now, I'm looking around and I see skilled trades people pulling down serious money - deep into six figures - cabinet makers, machinists, carpenters, mechanics.
- There was slave labor available, but shipwrights, machinists, sailmakers, and all the skilled trades required in shipbuilding were in critically short supply.
- Mostly, they are skilled workers, such as carpenters, machinists, painters, wood finishers, tool makers, railroad workers, garage mechanics.