Definition of macrobiotic in English:
Consisting of or relating to a diet of organic wholefoods which is based on Buddhist principles of the balance of yin and yang: macrobiotic foods I shared a house with friends who were macrobiotic
More example sentences
- I wanted my body to devote itself to getting better, not digesting unhealthy food, so I worked out a diet based on macrobiotic and Ayurvedic principles and ate only organically grown food.
- The macrobiotic diet contains whole foods that are extremely high in natural minerals and include: grains, beans, vegetables and sea vegetables, sea salt, and miso.
- Soft-shelled varieties, especially that called ‘Ma-Yuen’, are preferred for eating, for example in macrobiotic diets.
plural noun(macrobiotics) [treated as singular] Back to top
The use or theory of a macrobiotic diet.
- In macrobiotics some food is beneficial at certain times.
- Japanese macrobiotics uses a grated poultice of the taro potato which grows in tropical, hot countries.
- He enrolled on a course in macrobiotics in London - and four years later, in 1993, left with a certificate from the London School of Macrobiotics and membership of the Macrobiotics Association of Great Britain.
Definition of macrobiotic in:
- US English dictionary