(also macrocephalous /-ˈsɛf(ə)ləs, -ˈkɛf-/)
Definition of macrocephalic in English:
Having an unusually large head.
- The response, from a macrocephalic black cat with a ribbed-knit body and fake fur ears, is ‘kiss me.’
- Opposite us sat an unimaginably horrible painting of the Virgin Mary cradling a puppy-eyed macrocephalic Jesus: to our amazement and relief, it sold by nine o'clock.
- They keep the city of Townsville safe from monsters, demons, unicellular criminal klutzes, zombie magicians, killer mimes, and macrocephalic Pan troglodytes.
- Example sentences
- Clinical findings during early childhood may include macrocephaly and frontal bossing (unusually prominent forehead).
- Measurement of the head circumference is vital to detect associated microcephaly or macrocephaly (caused by hydrocephalus).
- Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba Syndrome traditionally has been diagnosed based on clinical findings of macrocephaly (large head), lipomas, hemangiomas, and penile freckling.
Definition of macrocephalic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia