(also macrocephalous /ˌmakrə(ʊ)ˈsɛf(ə)ləs/ /ˌmakrə(ʊ)ˈkɛf(ə)ləs/)
Having an unusually large head.
- The response, from a macrocephalic black cat with a ribbed-knit body and fake fur ears, is ‘kiss me.’
- Opposite us sat an unimaginably horrible painting of the Virgin Mary cradling a puppy-eyed macrocephalic Jesus: to our amazement and relief, it sold by nine o'clock.
- They keep the city of Townsville safe from monsters, demons, unicellular criminal klutzes, zombie magicians, killer mimes, and macrocephalic Pan troglodytes.
- Example sentences
- Clinical findings during early childhood may include macrocephaly and frontal bossing (unusually prominent forehead).
- Measurement of the head circumference is vital to detect associated microcephaly or macrocephaly (caused by hydrocephalus).
- Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba Syndrome traditionally has been diagnosed based on clinical findings of macrocephaly (large head), lipomas, hemangiomas, and penile freckling.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: macro|ceph¦alic
Definition of macrocephalic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.