Definition of macroeconomics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of economics concerned with large-scale or general economic factors, such as interest rates and national productivity.
- Dr. Fontana's interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, history of economic thought, and methodology.
- His interests include labor economics, macroeconomics, and finance.
- A group of three papers and three comments considers Fisherian themes in monetary economics and macroeconomics.
- Example sentences
- The biggest potential threat to sustained performance improvement is a downturn in the macroeconomic environment.
- Changes in macroeconomic factors such as inflation and the business cycle cause these fluctuations.
- So far as the macroeconomic half of the economics of control is concerned, agreement is possible on one matter only.
Definition of macroeconomics in:
- US English dictionary