Definition of macroeconomics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of economics concerned with large-scale or general economic factors, such as interest rates and national productivity.
- Dr. Fontana's interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, history of economic thought, and methodology.
- His interests include labor economics, macroeconomics, and finance.
- A group of three papers and three comments considers Fisherian themes in monetary economics and macroeconomics.
- Example sentences
- The biggest potential threat to sustained performance improvement is a downturn in the macroeconomic environment.
- Changes in macroeconomic factors such as inflation and the business cycle cause these fluctuations.
- So far as the macroeconomic half of the economics of control is concerned, agreement is possible on one matter only.
Definition of macroeconomics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan