1Visible to the naked eye; not microscopic.
- Temporal programs reflecting the 24 h cycle of day and night are expressed by most organisms from microscopic cyanobacteria to macroscopic humans.
- Almost two thirds of people with adult polycystic kidney disease also develop microscopic or macroscopic haematuria.
- Another part of us recognizes instinctively that nature designs in fractals, with intriguing detail on every scale from the microscopic to the macroscopic.
2Relating to large-scale or general analysis.
- Hence some studies require the more detailed analysis which can be undertaken by macroscopic simulation models or dense network assignment models.
- The essays are heavily laced with anger, remorse and angst, as Powell examines his life on microscopic and macroscopic levels.
- The shifting scale which allows the artist to see events from both a macroscopic and microscopic perspective forestalls the despair which enveloped his hero Goya at the end of his life.
- Example sentences
- A tumor mass within the kidney extended from the medulla to the cortex and macroscopically penetrated the renal capsule, extending into the surrounding fat.
- Samples were investigated macroscopically, as well as microscopically to investigate which wood anatomical features are responsible for the visible coloured layers and to identify possible growth ring boundaries.
- That is, the macroscopically visible patterns generated by randomness may not be very sensitive to the precise initial conditions of the experiments.
Words that rhyme with macroscopicectopic, gyroscopic, heliotropic, horoscopic, isotopic, isotropic, kaleidoscopic, microscopic, misanthropic, myopic, philanthropic, phototropic, telescopic, topic, tropic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: macro|scop¦ic
Definition of macroscopic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.