Definition of maddening in English:
Extremely annoying: she put the coins back with maddening slowness
More example sentences
- The voice-over narration feels, for the most part, unnecessary and irritating, and the maddening slowness of enunciation and the monotony of intonation feel tired and false.
- He could be enlightening, terribly funny, extremely kind and utterly maddening - depending on his frame of mind.
- If anything, her style can only be described as hectoring, more sniping than frontal attack, irritating and occasionally maddening in its circumlocution.
- Example sentences
- He challenged the entrenched and politically powerful orthodoxy and did so with maddeningly thorough data.
- There are many factors at work in the course of any cancer, and the interactions can be maddeningly complex.
- Rarely do we relax body, mind and spirit to let nature heal and correct the imbalances of a maddeningly robotic modern urban life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.