Definition of maddening in English:
Extremely annoying: she put the coins back with maddening slowness
More example sentences
- The voice-over narration feels, for the most part, unnecessary and irritating, and the maddening slowness of enunciation and the monotony of intonation feel tired and false.
- He could be enlightening, terribly funny, extremely kind and utterly maddening - depending on his frame of mind.
- If anything, her style can only be described as hectoring, more sniping than frontal attack, irritating and occasionally maddening in its circumlocution.
- Example sentences
- He challenged the entrenched and politically powerful orthodoxy and did so with maddeningly thorough data.
- There are many factors at work in the course of any cancer, and the interactions can be maddeningly complex.
- Rarely do we relax body, mind and spirit to let nature heal and correct the imbalances of a maddeningly robotic modern urban life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan