Definition of maestoso in English:
(Especially as a direction) in a majestic manner.
- The song morphs into another idea of maestoso chords, which gradually peters out to a quiet finish.
- His composure shifted from weightless glee, to a rougher, maestoso tone of scorn.
- I thought there was nothing maestoso about the first movement.
noun (plural maestosos)Back to top
A movement or passage marked to be performed in a majestic manner.
- Moderato e maestoso, the fourth movement, sent me back into the cool night with delight of the highest order.
- Andante maestoso was not an overblown anticlimax but the real apotheosis of Tchaikovsky's musical argument.
- The opening Allegro maestoso is winningly done whilst the lovely Andante semplice also contains much that is beautiful and simple at the same time.