- A simple form of image projector used for showing photographic slides.More example sentences
- Fuller's stage performances utilised electric lighting, coloured gels, magic lanterns, shadow-play and projections to create spectacular onstage effects, making her experiments with film a logical development of her art.
- Martin also sold magic lanterns, which projected ghostly figures onto walls or clouds of smoke, as well as convex and concave glasses, mirrors that curved and distended proportions.
- Now that was the new technology and they were just starting to use electric lights to project the magic lanterns instead of the carbide lamps,
More definitions of magic lanternDefinition of magic lantern in:
- The US English dictionary