Definition of magical in English:
1Relating to, using, or resembling magic: magical healing powers
More example sentences
- Adding an extra magical touch were the mechanical swans on the lake backdrop and the beautiful sparkling tulle costumes.
- A supremely gifted player with a magical touch, he combined charm and nastiness in almost equal measure.
- Transforming the party's policies for the next election will require a truly magical touch.
2Beautiful or delightful in a way that seems removed from everyday life: it was a magical evening of pure nostalgia
More example sentences
- The next morning, Fiona woke up thinking about her magical evening at the prom with Dom.
- The sun is conquering the winter and lends a magical enchantment to the snow.
- It is the job of poets and mystics to show us the ordinary and everyday in a magical light.
extraordinary, remarkable, exceptional, outstanding, incredible, phenomenal, unbelievable, inconceivable, unimaginable, amazing, astonishing, astounding, stunning, staggering, marvellous, magnificent, wonderful, sensational, breathtaking, miraculous, singular, uncommon, unheard of, unique, unparalleled, unprecedented, unusual, unusually good, too good to be true, superlative, prodigious, surpassing, rare
informal fantastic, fabulous, stupendous, out of this world, terrific, tremendous, brilliant, mind-boggling, mind-blowing, awesome, stellar
enchanting, entrancing, spellbinding, bewitching, beguiling, fascinating, captivating, alluring, enthralling, charming, attractive, appealing, magnetic, irresistible, intriguing, engaging, hypnotic, mesmerizing, mesmeric, intoxicating, heady, seductive, inviting, idyllic, wonderful, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, beautiful, too good to be true
- 1 adverb
- Example sentences
- If I could magically change one thing about myself, I would probably want to lose weight.
- The veil was also believed to magically have the power to ward off surrounding evils that wish to harm the bride.
- The Queen walks past layer upon layer of sumptuous jewels, magically lighting them up as she goes.
Words that rhyme with magicaltragical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan