Definition of magician in English:
1A person with magical powers.
- Prophecy and clairvoyance are so widely believed by millions of people that magicians are credited with psychic powers that not even Nostradamus would dare claim.
- Shamans are, in a sense, religious magicians, who have power over fire and who are capable of achieving trance states in seances in which their souls vacate their bodies to go on curing missions to the spirit worlds above or below the earth.
- You may have heard radionic energy called by another name, manna - and it is the one secret accomplished magicians and sorcerers absolutely refuse to tell anyone.
- There was even a magician performing some wonderful tricks, unfortunately he had done a disappearing act by the time I turned up.
- The 39-year magician and escapologist has performed in China many times.
- No major magician claims to be performing anything other than illusions.
1.2 informal A person with exceptional skill in a particular area.
- It's the skill of the magician in creating a story the audience can care about.
- The engine has eventually given up the ghost and even the master magicians of mechanics around here say it is beyond repair.
- Maradona admits that he was emotionally dysfunctional from an early age, even though it was soon evident that when he had a ball at his feet, he was a magician, blessed with genius.
Words that rhyme with magicianacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan