noun[mass noun, usually as modifier]
- A transport system in which trains glide above a track, supported by magnetic repulsion and propelled by a linear motor: maglev trainsMore example sentences
- But the spokeswoman said the Hong Kong government pays attention to the development of various railway technologies, including maglev trains, and is open-minded about their application.
- Why do we need air travel, when we can travel more efficiently from city center to city center, by train - by maglev - than we can by air?
- He now wants to build a transatlantic train, maglev in an evacuated tube, that would cross the Atlantic in an hour.
1970s: from mag(netic) lev(itation).
More definitions of maglevDefinition of maglev in:
- The US English dictionary