noun[mass noun] Geology
- The motion or activity of magma.More example sentences
- The contemporaneity in ophiolite formation and felsic arc magmatism suggests that intraoceanic subduction started soon after the opening of the ocean basin.
- Lithologies, stratigraphy and magmatism in the southern tract compare well with those described from the Karamba Complex in the Ladakh Himalaya, further west along the suture zone.
- These igneous rocks record the extensive magmatism that resulted from northward subduction of Neotethyan oceanic lithosphere beneath the Lhasa terrane.
More definitions of magmatismDefinition of magmatism in:
- The US English dictionary